Hi Kornel,

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Kornel Benko <kor...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Yes, we should. It is yet not possible for autoconfigure to determine which
> format elyxer supports.
>
> Maybe some elyxer-parameter, like --print-format. Alex?

No need to. eLyXer, being in the more-or-less-unique position of
consuming LyX output, can recognize and parse different LyX formats
_at the same time_. For example when I added support for LyX 1.6
cites:
  \\begin_inset CommandInset citation
I kept 1.5 around:
  \\begin_inset LatexCommand cite
so eLyXer can parse a mix of 1.5 and 1.6, for all it cares. Of course
it has to support _all_ formats to be really useful, but that is not
as hard as some devs think. And it should be even easier with a few
changes I want to implement. Any layouts not supported can be reported
and will be added.

So the short answer is (if I understood the problem right): eLyXer
doesn't care about the format either.

Thanks,

Alex.