Russ Woodroofe wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the comment "Chapter is _not_ prepended" should be "Section is _not_ prepended". That makes a lot more sense, as Section isn't prepended, and especially as it comes just before the definition of the Section environment.

No, I think what they meant was what they said, that the chapter number does not appear before the section number in a section heading. It's just that this is wrong now, so I think you can just remove the comment altogether, now that it's fixed.

There was also another small formatting error -- Section numbers are rendered as 1.1 in amsbook (or A.1 in the appendix).

This is what's wrong with the comment.

Richard