On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 04:23:39PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> To put it another way, I thought I could just add a Menu* member in
> menuitem and that Menu::expand would just populate that for items of
> type Submenu for Toc and Ref. I have a few questions, though:

I think that my suggestion is a little bit cleaner.

> - for the refs menu, it seems to me that the special entry should just
>   provide a list of references (as submenus), not the whole refs menu
>   with four times the same information.

It has been claimed that the Refs menu is redundant, and I think that I agree.
The whole purpose of this menu was a fast way for adding references, but
using the new reference dialog (with the keyboard) is as fast as using the
Refs menu.

> - why not modify the refs menu to something similar to
>
>   (o) Insert Reference
>   ( ) Insert page reference
>   ( ) Insert pretty ref
>   ( ) Goto ref
>   [...]
>   label1...label10 >>
>   label11...label21 >>
>
>   It seems to me that this would be less confusing than having five
>   submenus with the same contents (and you have one less click when
>   using often the same function). With this view of things, only the
>   part under the separator would be a special entry. The rest could be
>   handled via normal stuff.

How this would be implemented?
(Does it requires adding new lyxfunc ?)