On 2009-09-01, Ullrich Franke wrote:
> "Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW" wrote:

>> We have Navigate->Bookmarks for this. I don't know whether that is
>> approximately the same as the vi behaviour. Furthermore, we have now a
>> jump back button.

> Navigate->Bookmarks is nearly the same, but not as easy and as fast to
> use.

What exacly do you mean with

>> > just pressing " '[buffer] "

? Writing the string in "" ? On my keyboard this would be Space, Shift-#,
AltGr-8, buffer, AltGr-9 not really easy and fast.

You can use the minibuffer or bind keys to the lfuns to set and goto
bookmarks. E.g.

# bookmark
\bind "M-Down"          "bookmark-save 0"
\bind "M-Up"            "bookmark-goto 0"

> (Besides vi gives you the opportunity to use those buffers in
> conjunction with e.g. delete, copy, write-to-file)

Is this something like different views of the same file/buffer?

Günter