On Sun, 6 Sep 2009, Liviu Andronic wrote:

Still, there would be cases where the design is important, say, in
books. If a book (or any other work, say, a poster) was
designed/created with LyX and the author wants to give credit, it
would be nice for her to have an out-of-box solution.

I cited LyX in my thesis and wrote the following in the preface of my thesis:

        Finally I want to thank the developers of LyX [1] for a great
        program, and also everybody on the User's List for their help in
        answering questions. I've used LyX write this thesis and all my
        articles, and not regretted it once!

The reference section has this for LyX:

        [1] LyX the document processor. http://www.lyx.org

It's not a "proper" citation for sure, there's no date when I accessed the web site for instance. I do however think it does the job.

Best regards,
/Christian

PS. I still stand by my opinion of not having regretted to use LyX. I am actually using it for a report to ESA at the moment (which is what's occupying me). The only thing frustrating me know is getting the !=?.!# headers and footers like the company template.

Best
Liviu

[1]
http://www.economist.com/sciencetechnology/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14391822

--
Christian Ridderström                           Mobile: +46-8 768 39 44