Am Freitag 02 Oktober 2009 schrieb rgheck:
> On 10/02/2009 12:18 PM, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Freitag 02 Oktober 2009 schrieb Hartmut Haase:
> >> Hi,
> >> why does the converter have the command
> >> "java -jar htmltolatex.jar -input $$i -output $$o"?
> >> I get the following error message:
> >> "Unable to access jarfile htmltolatex.jar"
> >> Where is  htmltolatex.jar expected to be?
> >> --
> >> Viele Grüße,
> >> Hartmut
> >
> > I did not know this jar-file. But (google is your friend) the first entry
> > gives
> >     http://htmltolatex.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > It looks like there is what you need.
>
> I think the question was more where to put it. It looks like LyX's
> command line includes no path, and I don't myself know where java
> searches for stuff.
>
> rh

Hmm, "man java" says
         -jar
             Execute a program encapsulated in a JAR file. The first argument
is the name of a JAR
             file instead of a startup class name. In order for this option to
work, the manifest of
             the JAR file must contain a line of the form Main-Class:
classname. Here, classname
             identifies the class having the public static void main(String[]
args) method that
             serves as your application’s starting point. See the jar(1) and
the Jar trail of the
             Java Tutorial @
             http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jar for information about
working with Jar
             files and Jar-file manifests.

          When you use this option, the JAR file is the source of all user
classes, and other user
          class path settings are ignored.

so the best may be calling it with full path. In that case it were not
important wher one puts it.

        Kornel