On 03/28/2010 08:52 PM, Jack Desert wrote:
LyxBlogger is specifically set up to parse the LyXHTML and eLyXer formats. Some
features may turn out strange using TtH, Hevea, or latex2html, simply because
the regular expressions may not find what they're looking for.

So yes, let's leave the html ->  blog converter inside the "if" block so a
newbie doesn't get unexpected results right out of the gate.

-Jack

In presenting the user with a preconfigured format and converter for
LyxBlogger, I have two primary aims:

    1. That we guess correctly most of the time which converter the user will
want to use, and enable it by default.

    2. That the user be able to select the other converter as painlessly as
possible if we guessed wrong.

That said, of course a plain Jane system should use xhtml ->  blog by default because
that's all that will be available. But if someone has gone to the trouble of installing
eLyXer, it makes sense to present html ->  blog as the default instead. On the outside
chance that we guessed wrong on this one, reverting to LyXHTML is as simple as modifying the
LyxBlogger converter from   html--->blog   to   xhtml--->blog   in
Preferences->Converters.

I have put together a patch that illustrates this. The following lines are
added to lyxrc.defaults based on which programs are found on the machine:

A. Lyxblogger not installed
     ( no entry )

B. LyxBlogger installed, eLyXer not installed
     \Format    blog       blog       "LyxBlogger"           "" "" ""
"document"
     \converter xhtml      blog       "lyxblogger $$i"       ""

C. LyxBlogger and eLyXer installed
     \Format    blog       blog       "LyxBlogger"           "" "" ""
"document"
     \converter html       blog       "lyxblogger $$i"       ""

OK, this looks good. I'll commit shortly.

Could you send a standard GPL message to the list, such as:
    http://marc.info/?l=lyx-devel&m=117501689204059
I'm not sure we need it for this, but it'll get you listed as a contributor.

rh