In a lot of cases, code can be run under both Python 2 or Python 3.
There are a few notable things that you should be aware of (this blog
post http://peadrop.com/blog/2009/04/05/porting-your-code-to-python-3/
is a nice overview), but the list isn't huge.

Earlier this year, I ported a number of classes that I use for image
analysis (MRI stuff), and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.
For the most part, everything Just Worked, and I've been able to run the
classes in both Python 2 and Python 3 ever since.