On Tuesday 18 May 2010 23:22:03 Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Jose, is it possible to have the scripts that runs both under python 2 & 3,
> so we don't have to care about it anymore? If so, could you prepare the
> patch?
>
> Pavel

Short answer: I can but I don't want to do it. :-)

Long answer: My problem with this approach is that it would add a burden to
developers. You would need to test both with 2 and 3 since they would be both
supported.

I am not worried with the obvious bugs but with the subtle. So I would suggest
to go python 2.x this release and to prepare to support both 2 and 3 for the
next.

As you know there are still widely known python libraries that have not yet
been ported so I think that this is reasonable stance for now.

I am open to other suggestion, naturally. :-)
--
José Abílio