Am 20.09.2010 04:52, schrieb Ronen Abravanel:

Added few paragraphs to the Math manual (the full manual attached. note that
the file version changed to 401). It won't compile for me even before the
change, so I'll appreciate if someone will make sure it's compiles properly.

What errors do you get when compiling the Math manual? It works for me with LyX
2.0alpha6.

I added subsection 21.3, and edited the line in section 21.
Attached.

Thanks you, I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

regarding export to lyx 1.6 --
One ugly hack I can thing about is making sure that there is no \xymatrix in
the document, and then converting \Diagram into \xymatrix and adding proper
"\renew command" in the preamble.

I had the same idea, but what do you do if the document also contains \xymatrix? And what if users on LyX 1.6.x later on add an \xymatrix?
I therefore think that only a complete reversion of the whole formula to TeX
code is really safe.

And there is the option of converting to ERT, that seems more reasonable...
but I'll be happy for a clue regarding were to start.

That should be easy: copy the content between begin/end of the formula inset into ERT. Outputting the TeX code is done via the put_cmd_in_ert routine. (see the revert_rule routine as example).

I'll appreciate if someone will send me a password for the wiki.

I forgot this - now sent it to you.

regards Uwe