Stephan Witt wrote:
> The owner_ variable "points" to the buffer, of course.
> Most of the time VC implementation uses the filename of the buffer.
> But I cannot see what sense the file_ variable of the VC instance has.

intuitively the meaning is clear - when possible use owner. when buffer
might/does not exist use filename. there are two cases i can imagine
where buffer does not exist - calling scanMaster before loading the
file and when we reload the document. reload has been refactorized
during 2.0svn development and iirc buffer structure is not destructed now.
whether scanMaster is actually called before buffer creation i would
need to check. otherwise i wouldnt see need for file_.

> One can drop it - or use it consequently - I'd say.
>
> > i would need to dig into the code if you want some
> > specific info.
>
> If possible... that would be nice.

i quickly went through sources and saw also few usage of file_ outside
scanMaster in svn routines which looks inconsitent and owner_ would be
more appropriate.

pavel