On 31/10/2010 17:10, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Am 31.10.2010 16:07, schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:

The only issue I see right now is that one cannot set a multirow via the
dialog What else do you see  that is not yet also in LyX 1.6.x?

Yes, but this issue is quite tricky. I'm not even sure it is solvable without a complete rewrite of the tabular UI<-> Inset communication (i.e., introduce
InsetTabularParams). And it must be fixed for 2.0 of course.

We need Abdel's help here. He has imlemented the new Apply/OK scheme and I'm sure he knows a solution. I mean it works for setting multicolumns so it should work also for multirows using the same tabular UI <-> Inset communication. Abdel?

Yes, everything's possible of course but I have to understand first what is the bug... each time I come back to the tabular code I have a headache. So I agree with Juergen, the tabular code is a mess, a little bit less of a mess now but still a mess. I really dislike this tabular-feature thing that is used to communicate with the dialog. IMO there are two things that should be done to sanitize the table inset:

1) Create a real InsetTableItem class
2) Make the table dialog only for setting/unsetting of general parameters that affect the whole table. 3) Make a new dialog for this InsetTableItem that can be used independantly from the general Table dialog.
4) Make a new dialog for row oriented settings
5) Make a new dialog for column oriented settings

Abdel.