On 01/17/2011 11:40 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Richard Heck<rgh...@comcast.net>  wrote:
On 01/17/2011 10:54 AM, rgh...@lyx.org wrote:
Author: rgheck
Date: Mon Jan 17 16:54:51 2011
New Revision: 37243

Log:
Don't try to convert any of the preference files except the user's own.

So does this solve the problem on Windows?

At least, I can run LyX again, but the following errors are still there:

RunCommand:: could not start child process
..\..\..\lyx\src\support\filetools.cpp(1000): Could not run bind file conversion
  script prefs2prefs.py.
..\..\lyx\src\KeyMap.cpp(260): Unable to convert D:/vfvanravesteijn/lyx-git/lyx/
lib/bind/site.bind to format 1
RunCommand:: could not start child process
..\..\..\lyx\src\support\filetools.cpp(1000): Could not run bind file conversion
  script prefs2prefs.py.
..\..\lyx\src\KeyMap.cpp(260): Unable to convert D:/vfvanravesteijn/lyx-git/lyx/
lib/bind/cua.bind to format 1

Now the problem is that a lot of my shortcuts are broken.

Can you put some debugging code into runcommand() and find out what it is we're failing to start?

Is the path to python actually stored in the file "preferences"? If so, then that is the problem. From what JMarc and Stephan said, though, it sounds like it should not be stored there, but in lyxrc.dist or, at least, in lyxrc.defaults.

Richard

Richard