On 18.01.2011 15:11, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Note that this is only an issue because your preferences file was out of
date, in the sense that it doesn't have a "Format 1" tag at the beginning.
But, as far as this issue is concerned, you can also simply put the
\path_prefix line into a lyxrc.dist file. You don't have to have copy the
"real" one.

Yes, but this is a possible pit-fall. Everytime when the preferences
change I need to do something manually (when I assume that the
lyxrc.dist file doesn't survive always). This might be something a
less experienced user/future developer doesn't know.

Peter,

Do you think this can be handled easily by CMake ? Does it already
generate lyxrc.dist for the installer ?

I don't know where lyxrc.dist does come from, but in principle we could
write any file with cmake.

Vincent