I spent some time testing last friday's CVS, and these are some
things I noticed. Plenty of this is IMHO of course, and more of it is
just questions I will answer/fix myself if no-one beats me to it.

Basically this is my personal bugzilla, so feel free to answer WORKSFORME,
FIXED, WONTFIX, NOTABUG etc. :)

1) Opening the preferences dialog without any document open prints this
on the minibuffer :

   (Command not allowed without any document open (dialog-preferences))

2) on using prefs dialog :

   FormPreferences::Colors::LoadBrowserLyX: can't find color
   "offwhite". This shouldn't happen!

3) its very easy to confuse xforms by resizing the prefs dialog (yes I
   have opaque resize on).
   xforms 0.88. I imagine there is no simple fix. Also resizing doesn't
   resize the tab folders themselves. Is this covered by the new entry
   in BUGS.lyx ?

4) feature request - it would be nice if the colour box updated as I
   dragged the RGB/HSV sliders, so I can see immediately the colour I am
   generating.

5) ert may be an amusing name for the colour object, but users may well
   not know. Also it can be inaccurate ... :)

6) the help messages "Set to false" should be "De-select" IMHO -
   much clearer.

7) is it possible to alter the numbers in the spinboxes (e.g. zoom %)
   directly ? This is especially pertinent for "auto-save" where cycling
   down to 0 takes forever. For this particular case, I think an explicit
   disable would be good.

8) what's the point in Spell command -> "none" ?

9) wouldn't it make sense for ispell dictionary browser to default to
home directory ?

10) the "not the" compound spellcheck example is just likely to baffle people
IMHO. How about "disk drive" or something real ?

11) Is "Usage" the best tab name ? What is wrong with "Language Options" ?

12) Usage->Language->Keyboard appears aligned funny here ...

13) Converters->Formats->Modify should be Apply IMHO.

14) Should I be allowed to delete formats/convertors without confirmation ?

15) Inputs->Paths->Temp dir tells me "This directory is deleted when
    you quit LyX". This isn't right surely ? LyX has no business trying to delete
    /tmp or any other directory IMHO.

16) What does turning off the Temp dir checkbox do anyway ?

17) Outputs->Printer->adapt output - what's the point of this ? Surely
    if a printer name is entered, it will need passing to lpr or whatever ?
    If it is equal to $PRINTER, no matter ...

18) I suppose Printer Flags could do with some more descriptive help
    messages ?

19) Has checktex defaulted to "none" because I don't have it installed
    ? Shouldn't it just be blank ?

20) apparently I have pretty ref package installed, but using it in LyX
gives LaTeX errors :

[...]  \usepackage{prettyref}
   \begin{document}
    \section{wfwfwqfwq\label{wfwfwfwfwf}}
     fefewfew\prettyref{wfwfwfwfwf} \end{document}

gives :

Runaway argument?
 \end {document} ! File ended while scanning use of \@prettyref.
 <inserted text>
                 \par
tetex-latex-1.0.7-6mdk

21) If I run without a personal LyX directory, I can still Save changes
in the prefs dialog - shouldn't the
    dialog be read-only in this case ? It leaves the prefs files in
    $HOME otherwise.

22) opening, say, the URL in splash.lyx and then clicking on OK gives
"OkCancelReadOnlyPolicy: No transition for input 2 from state 0"

23) prettyref should be disabled if the user doesn't have it in their
latex config. I intend to do a small patch
    for KDE soon so I'll do xforms at the same time if it's obvious. The
    same applies to various other frontend things I expect.

24) this one has bugged me for a while - if you are selecting text by
dragging the mouse, and you end selection by
    releasing the button above an inset, that is registered as a click
    on the inset, and the dialog (if relevant) will pop up. Quite
    annoying... xforms bug ?

25) the tooltip for the table dialog says "Open Insert Tabular Dialog". It
should just be "Insert Table" to go with
    "Insert Figure". Similarly, Insert->tabular should be Insert->Table
    IMHO.

26) in maths mode, go superscript, carry on typing, go superscript
again. The cursor runs away with itself and gets too far
    in front.

27) IMHO "Warning: language `default' not recognized!  Setting language to
`english'" should be "Warning: setting language 'default'
    to 'english'", because the prior sounds like the user has done
    something wrong.

28) Similarly "Unable to show Latex logfile !" sounds a bit more exciting
than it actually is (e.g. the user just hasn't run latex yet). IMHO
"No LaTeX log file found" sounds better ...

29) I can write into Layout->paragraph->Label width, even when it's
"Senseless with this layout !"

30) when I switch between the bullet depths, the latex changes but it
doesn't move to the correct bullet "window". can this be done easily ?

31) isn't there duplication between Edit->spellchecker->options and the
prefs dialog ?

32) What are the mysterious two numbers at the bottom left of
FormTabular ?

33) someone needs to convert or remove Examples/aa_paper.lyx - it has old-style
tables

34) if we try to load a lyx file for which we don't have a textclass, an error
only goes to the console. It should bring up a dialog at least.

35) if a figure file isn't found, then the bounding box isn't large enough to hold the
filename - looks messy ...

36) using tables, I can fairly easily leave red boxes around no-longer-active cells.
Did you
    mention this before JMarc ?

37) as previously reported, with FormParagraph, it is easy to apply settings to the
"wrong"
paragraph by moving about. Perhaps there is no simple fix for this and it should be
documented
in BUGS.lyx for 1.1.6 ?