Thanks so much for doing this!  One problem is that the program installed by
this stores preferences in the LyX 1.6 locations (both in the registry and
under
%APPDATA%\lyx16).  This obviously causes problems when installed alongside the
real LyX 1.6.

Does anyone know why this might be?  Perhaps it could be the way this installer
was built, or the changes made for importing preferences in this beta?

Thanks,
Jim