> Thanks so much for doing this!  One problem is that the program
> installed by  this stores preferences in the LyX 1.6 locations (both
> in the registry and under  %APPDATA%\lyx16).  This obviously causes
> problems when installed alongside the  real LyX 1.6.
>
> Does anyone know why this might be?  Perhaps it could be the way this
> installer  was built, or the changes made for importing preferences in
> this beta?
    Well, I'm not much of an expert, I just happen to need LyX 2.0
badly :)... and on multiple machines, so building the installer was an
obvious choice.

    I don't know why this is happening, though I've checked and I have
the following line in Settings.nsh:

!define PRODUCT_SUBFOLDER "lyx20"

    Anyway, to build this installer I've just extracted 'official'
LyXPackage of LyX 2.0 beta3 installer (although it had some beta2
options set), changed config to 'beta4' where neccessary in
Settings.nsh, renamed some bitmap with icon file, copied in the
self-compiled svn binaries (how I've built them is another matter :) ),
added lyxpak.py to the resources (I don't know why it was missing from
the binaries' dir) and then just used NSIS to build the 'small'
installer. That was my first time with it, so in my opinion it went
quite well :)

    So, in short terms, I don't really know how to fix it, as the
aforementioned file is the only one I've found with the relevant
setting, and it seems that it has been somehow ignored.

    I can upload the 'patched' LyXPackage if someone wants to
investigate this further.

Regards,
MichaƂ