On 22 Nov 2000, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> - the NEW_INSET code that you mentioned. (lot still missing,
>   itemize/enumerate is still hardcoded, insetfloat needs some work ...)
> - the restructureing of internal storage formats (from implicit home
>   grown linked list to std::containers) And this is a huge project
>   since it changes the LyXParagraph and LyXText completely (+ a lot of
>   other code)

also I personally would like to see a re-organisation of the lyxfunc code
to be more organised, as I briefly mentioned earlier. This would also be a
great oppportunity for me to learn some more advanced C++ ;)

> I must admit (even if it perhaps is self evident) that I am really
> really fond of nice code, and as Asger mentioned, the user interface
> is secondary.

To me, these are equally important :)

thanks
john

--
"I hope you will find the courage to keep on living
 despite the existence of this feature."