Hi!

I've been using Lyx to write my diploma thesis. I encountered a problem
and was able to "fix" it.

A couple of year ago there was a change in the German spelling rules. For
LaTeX the ngerman language must be used for this. The thing is that the
hyphenation rules changed as well. It means, when writing a document and
quoting something the quotation must be set in the old German style.

The only possibility to achive this in lyx would be to define some comands
and to insert them as tex in the document, which is not really nice. So I
thought there might be an easy solution to this problem and inserted a
"new" language called ngerman to the language.C file and recompiled Lyx
and it works ok.

If you could do the same for the future releases of Lyx it would be a big
help for people using new German rules.

Regards

Andreas Gehlert