This decision really doesn't have to be taken now. If/when TexLive decides
to kick out natbib, there likely will be a good reason for it. That reason
may or may not be good enough for LyX to follow suit. No-one stops anyone
from using an older LyX-version of course.

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org