Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> No, we have a cross-platform program, we need a real cross-platform build
> system, as simple as that. And yes, cygwin is just another platform, but it
> is not our main Windows platform.

i dont have hard opinions whether cmake should be main tool, but it must be
prepared. i was not able to convert Uwe to start using it even on win platform
and when asked about some fixes for strings remerge no feedback was given.  we
do more release-related things with autotools than just run make for getting
lyx binary so someone needs to take the responsibility to check these and fix
related problems...

pavel