Le 05/05/11 14:55, Kornel a écrit :
 > - NLS disabled by default

Formerly it was enabled by default, but after some discussions Peter
change it

It should eventually be on by default.

 > - does not work in place by default (actually build_support_dir stuff
 > should be removed now, but I have no time)

This is intended. And why should anybody want to mess the source tree?

Sorry, I meant "running in place" without installing. Currently one has to set a varriable, it should just work.

 > - spellchecker should be automatically selected if present

Yes, but here again were discussions :(

Which ones?

 > - I would like to see a BUILD_TYPE flag like in autotools, with
 > automatic selection from lyx version

How? It is easy to do so, but I would like to know, what is the criteria ...

I think this (and some of your later question) is described in the INSTALL file. If some things are not well explained there, I will improve the file.

 > - what does LYX_DEVEL_VERSION do?

Seems, like it adds -DDEVEL_VERSION to compiler flags, never used it.

It should be on for development versions IMO.

 > - when running "make -j3" and there is an error, the other processes
 > continue (one process by directory??)

This is make, not cmake.

Some directories (which are independent) will be compiled in parallel.
But they all share all processors.

With automake, each process is the compiling only one file. With cmake-based makefiles I see several new compilations being started after the error.

 > Eventually, cmake without option should generate a makefile that has
 > reasonable defaults for everything (nls, spellcheck, build type, ...).
 > Extra options should be needed only for special needs.

I agree. But we need consensus about what is reasonable.

I would like feedback on what autotools assumptions are not reasonable. I would propose to make the to tools converge as a first step.

 > However, how can I see what the command line was. With autoconf I'd just
 > do "make V=1", what shall I do with cmake?

# make -DVERBOSE=1

Thanks. The -D should be omitted actually.