Le 05/05/11 10:28, Guenter Milde a écrit :
Using a script language for extensions/plugins will raise this
probability significantly.

As language I'd use one of:

The problem with script plugins is that people seem to expect that by linking LyX to python everybody will be able to write python scritps that can manipulate LyX objects natively.

I may be missing most of current advancement in programming tools, but I do not see how that can happen. This is doable, but requires a lot of work.

And worse, people will expect that their scripts will continue to work with future versions. This means that we mostly stop code cleanups.