> Can you provide a backtrace of the core dump?  Or details of what you were
> trying to change in Preferences when the core dump occured?

Ummm, it's a bit late for that since the core file has been deleted!

I guess I could delete the preferences file but don't think it'll be much help
since I am not running the gdb option (as far as I know anyway).

> I have noticed two crashes with current cvs yesterday while setting
> colours in Preferences.  I haven't investigated these yet because Angus
> has another patch pending that changes most of this code.  FWIW, both
> occured when applying a change to a GUI_Xxxx colour.  A segfault occured
> in a signal/slot call (redrawGUI? I couldn't tell from the backtrace)
> while the other was an X BadDrawable error that killed LyX without a core
> dump.
>
> Allan. (ARRae)
>
> P.S. Ben are you going to the Linux Conference in Sydney in January?

Love to but have just started a new job and it looks like things are going to
be a little busy!

I guess that means you are then?