Richard Heck wrote:
> I'm a bit curious how it does this, actually. I mean: In such a way as
> properly to follow symlinks. I run into this kind of problem often.
> E.g., what ".." means seems to vary in a way I do not understand if you
> are in a symlinked directory.

thats where the fun begins. another thing i was not comfortable with
is that we should automatically start some directory climbing or running
external commands (git status) for each opened file.

unrelated (99.9% of people will never use .git) sniffing on the directories
around files i'm trying to access gave me headaches on both win and linux archs
on varieties of programs when networking drives/mount points are used. one
connection hangs and the program freezes although i'm working in independent
folder etc.

pavel