Hi all,

in order to raise your attention to the "Image/External-Material Lifecycle" patches I've been working to in the last few days, I just built up a video:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJUj70islB4

so that you can conveniently see how it works and comment on it, even if you don't have the time to try the patch yourself.

I'd like to gather comments on this, whether it may be acceptable for the next LyX release, how it can be finalized, etc. Needless to say, I'd personally love to have this in. This is a quick description of what I'm talking about, in case you didn't follow the previous threads on lyx-devel:

  This patch allows one to quickly insert new images
  and other type of external material into a LyX document.
  The key point is that a [Create/Edit] button allows one to
  create a new, non-existing file copying it from a sample
  file that is shipped together with LyX. Then, the user can
  conveniently edit the new file to suit his/her own needs.

Thanks, bye.

    T.