Il 30/10/2011 02:29, PhilipPirrip ha scritto:
I hoped to have my grace files included into a document and being able to produce a pdf (by pdflatex), but that seems not to work. Grace simply does not export to PDF. I tried to chain the conversion process in LyX under Linux, but that seemed not to work: gracebat -hardcopy -printfile out.eps -hdevice EPS $$i ; ps2pdf13 out.eps $$o

Do you have any idea how to accomplish that? Maybe LyX should not (only) rely on original converters, but try to chain some operations by itself.

Should I make this an enhancement proposition at the tracker?

Hi, what is the release of LyX you are using ?
LyX can "chain" converters automatically for you. You can see the graph of converters here:

  http://retis.sssup.it/~tommaso/lyx-converters.pdf

this "grace" format you're mentioning is the "agr" ball in this graph, and as you can see LyX
knows how to convert it to EPS, then PDF.

There have been some updates in the current development branch of LyX, so if you're using
an older version perhaps you're missing some of the converters.

Another possibility is that, despite you're using an updated LyX, you're still suffering of an old configuration in your $HOME/.lyx/lyxrc.default file. In such a case, you might want to
try to reconfigure LyX (Tools->Reconfigure menu voice).

Bye,

    T.