Xu Wang <xuwang762 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Nicu Tofan <nicu_tofan_office <at> yahoo.com>
wrote:

>   Did you figure it out?
>

> I am *very* interested in your project and hope that it doesn't get
interrupted because of the wiki problems.

chunks.http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin
> Nick
>

> Hello, Xu! Thank you for your interest!
>

> Of course it doesn't get interrupted.
> As the person(s) that manage the wiki did not respond, my best
> assumption is that there is a maximum character count that has been
> reached. The version posted on the wiki is already obsolete and I'm thinking
about replacing the content with a link to current location. For now, I will
make a note at the top.

> Took
>  me a couple of hours to convert the text from the PmWiki syntax to LyX
> syntax using a regular expression capable editor, so we have a nice .lyx file
now that I host at the address below [1], for now.
>  During it's evolution, I expect suggestions about it's format and the
> developers may choose a place on the site for it. I did not get to the
> part where the output may be customized, yet, so I don't know if there
> is a way to export to wiki pages (section generates a page, chapter generates
a page, something like that). If it does not have that ability yet, I will be
happy to contribute it, so that it's content may be present on the wiki, too.
(would that be of any benefit?)

> However,
>  I must say that I'm interested in a number of other projects (started
> this because I want to interact sage with LyX, for example) and my daily job,
so the writing goes fairly slow, as you probably noticed.

http://code.google.com/p/monkeysnest/source/browse/trunk/Prog/LyX/SourceCodeExploration%202011%2012%2009.lyx

> Nick,
>
> Thank you for the explanation! Your outside interests are definitely
understandable. Whatever you can accomplish will be greatly appreciated. I
actually prefer a .lyx file to a wiki file.

> I wonder if this could be a new manual, "Developing LyX". It could be hidden
from the average user, just as the information inset is hidden and can only be
activated with a keyboard shortcut. Or it could be visible.

> Xu

My hope is also that it will become a new manual, but the decision about how it
is presented to the user is up to the core developers, I guess. I'm usually
against hiding the information, so a new entry in the help menu can't hurt, me
thinks. :)

But we're miles away from that point. There will be plenty of time to discuss
these matters.

Nick