Pavel Sanda <sanda <at> lyx.org> writes:

> Nicu Tofan wrote:
> > My hope is also that it will become a new manual,
> > but the decision about how it
> > is presented to the user is up to the core developers,
> > I guess. I'm usually against hiding the information,
> > so a new entry in the help menu can't hurt, me
> > thinks. :)
>
> i'm not sure about help menu entry but
> the documentation itself will be included
> in lyx sources for sure once you ask to
> include it (or some alpha version as well
> of course).
> including something in menu imply some kind
> of commitment to keep it up-to-date
> which will be difficult in long time range.
>
> pavel

Thank you for the reply, Pavel. I will inform the
mail list about first usable draft, no doubt about it.

Indeed, I can't say that I will have the time (and,
to be franc, nor the will) to keep it up to date for
a long time period. Maybe the development process may
be adjusted to require documentation adjustment, but
that may slow it down.

However, placing the .lyx and/or the .pdf file in
sources should allow it to reach intended audience,
so I'm quite happy with your take on the subject.

Nick