Am Montag, 2. Juli 2012 um 22:34:16, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn
<v...@lyx.org>
> Op 2-7-2012 22:30, Uwe Stöhr schreef:
> >> "-DLYX_MERGE_FILES=0" used on branch,
> >> "-DLYX_MERGE_FILES=1" used in trunk.
> >

> > Yes, I do. Peter once proposed to do so. I forgot in the meantime why
> > he preferred this.
> > Could you tell me why the code compiled in non-merge mode and not in
> > merge?

The compilation with merged files seemed to be faster on windows.
Since then he (Peter) is developing a new generator for cmake called "ninja".
This one will be (on windows again) really fast compared to

> > I want to avoid such cases in the future. If necessary I will
> > also compile my branches in merge mode.
>
> Just do not use the merge files ever when you're developing.

Yes, I would propose it too.
OTOH, if nobody uses merged files, than we may release lyx sources with an
untested cmake option ...

> Vincent

        Kornel