Le 03/07/2012 01:57, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
So how about if we propose LyX20, and then if someone wants to install
various things side-by-side,
can't they do that by choosing some other name?

Yes, but if he is not patient, he just clicks Next and thus installs in
the proposed/default "LyX20" folder and overwrites the existing
installation.

So this is the case of a user who has a special need, but is not patient enough to check how to satisfy it? Is this our problem?

Are there people who want their updates to MS Word to install in a different directory (Program Files\Microsoft\Word 2012.sp3-fix005\)?