Le 20/07/2012 13:22, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
I didn't say it would break everything :) Under gentoo you can set
system-wide or per package the language you want to be installed. For
example if I set that I'm interested only in french translations only
fr.gmo is going to be installed.

This is done typically with gettext by setting the LINGUAS environment
variable.

I have never looked what's going on behind the scenes - whether its
just some gentoo related hack or more general mechanism of
autotools.

From what I understood this patch will list all translations allowed
(I guess originally taken from LINGUAS file, right?) and install it
in specific file.

This is actually the variable CATALOGS which contains what "make install" plans to install. Therefore, installed_translations should match what is actually installed. The only problem would be if people set CATALOGS at make install time (it would be weird because it is a list of file names like "fr.gmo de.gmo..." not a list opf languages).

In practice, the contents of CATALOGS by taking the intersections of the files mentionned in the po/LINGUAS _file_ and the ones in the LINGUAS _environment_variable_.

Does this look better?

The best would be to try it :)