On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> > Yes. And would be nice nice if we have some general solution,
>> > so its easy to re-use it in other cases.
>>
>> That would be nice. I could look into this but not for a while. I
>> don't think adding a warning to branch would be possible anyway
>> because of the string freeze. So now the question is what to do for
>> 2.0.5?
>
> Thats call for Richard.
> Does the problem arise with vanilla LyX or do I need install specfic
> packages for knitr/sweave? (sorry never used this stuff...)

To make a patch I don't think you would need to have R and
knitr/Sweave installed. The patch would have to do with warning that a
module is enabled, not with what that module actually does.

But if you want to confirm that there is a problem (that you can run
shell commands from within a knitr/Sweave chunk), then you need to
have R installed. Sweave comes with R and knitr can be installed with
a simple install.packages('knitr') within R. Let me know if you want
instructions on this.

Scott