Liviu Andronic wrote:
> With latest trunk I can no longer replicate this problem. But I think
> I spotted a further issue with the layout arguments:
> - The user can insert two identical argument insets in the same parent
> inset.

Fixed.

> Optionally, can it make sure that the argument inset
> is placed on the 1st line of the parent inset, at the beginning of the
> line?
>
> This might be going to far, but I thought that for multipar=true
> insets it might be nicer UI to have a "virtual" first line reserved
> for arguments, where arguments cannot be mixed with text. Currently
> one can place an argument inset in the middle of a phrase; although
> the LaTeX code will be generated correctly, UI-wise it's a bit ugly.
> Thus even if the right-click c-menu is triggered in the middle of the
> 4th line, the 'Chunk Options' would still get placed on the reserved
> 1st "virtual" line of the 'Sweave Chunk' inset. But again, this is
> cosmetics.

This is the price you have to pay for the inset approach. Trying to set insets
to a certain position gets you all sorts of trouble, see the big woes we have
with InsetBibitem.

The better UI, as I have argued many times, would be a dialog. But then,
dialogs do not provide a real workarea.

Jürgen