Richard Heck wrote:
> (It isn't, by the
> way, entirely clear that it is our bug, but it is problematic, as it
> breaks Koma compilation with some documents.)

It's not our bug, and actually, the current behavior (no babel for English-
only documents) always was the intended behavior according to the source. Only
because the language package logic was completely upside down (something I
fixed for 2.0.5), babel was loaded nevertheless. But then, people are now used
to this obviously.

As far as KOMA-Letter is concerned (only the letter class is affected!), the
KOMA maintainer told me that is is a long-known bug, but he considers it
"cosmetic". So the chance this gets fixed in KOMA soon is not high.

Jürgen