On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 06:24:43PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Dekel> It will breaks backward compatibility (i.e., new format files
> Dekel> cannot be read by the current code).
>
> Are you sure? Do you mean that is a tag is missing, it will not have a
> proper default value?

No. I'll have to check it.

One more thing is that the attributes are currently stored using numbers
e.g. alignment="8" which is not very good.

> What I meant is that
>
> - either column attribute are the same for all the cell of the column
>   and we can have column tags at the beginning of the inset

This was my suggestion.

> Copying the format from another DTD (docbook?) would have been a good
> idea, maybe.

The suggestion I made is very similar to the docbook DTD, except the name
tags are different.

( an example of a docbook table:

<tgroup cols="2" colsep="1" rowsep="1">
<colspec colname="col0" align="center"/>
<colspec colname="col1" align="center"/>
<tbody>
<row>
<entry align="center" valign="top">
</entry><entry align="center" valign="top">
</entry></row>
<row>
<entry align="center" valign="top">
</entry><entry align="center" valign="top">
</entry></row>
</tbody>
</tgroup>
)