Adrián Pereira wrote:
> I'll appreciate more information about this project, so i can start reading
> the documentation and maybe the code.

More people already asked about XHTML/ePUB stuff, so few bits of info below.

Current status of related native LyX export functionality is:
1) LyX->docbook
   Done in large part, but spits out obsolete version of docbook.
   Bump it and fix few bugs in bug tracker shouldn't be difficult.
   You will need to study xml docbbok I think.
   Contact Jose.
2) LyX->xHTML
   Done in large part, but still many TODOs around, version 5 bump, etc.
   Contact Richard.
3) LyX->ePUB
   Not done at all. 2. needs to be tweaked to get 3.
   Contact not completely clear to me, several people have been around
   this (Rob/Liviu/perhaps Richard?).

The project listed in GSoC intended 3) and perhaps fix 1. It wouldn't
be wise to create completely new export routines and my hope is that
routines in 2) can be reused in large part with perhaps few switches.

LyX->XML is very different issue, there was no intention to have LyX
exporting to XML, but to have LyX using XML as its native format.
This issue was discussed many times, slightly controversial
though I would think that most devs agree that one day we should
have this.
This would, however, be again native thing in C++, not pythonic
conversion. Where Nico's converter can be used one day as
a part of LyX is as a part lyx2lyx routine converting old
frozen .lyx format to the new XML one.

The pathway .lyx file --(python_beast)-->XML/whatever is somewhat
explosive material, has been flamed many times and I won't
repeat all what we have against it, read archives.
I seriously doubt you will find anyone willing to mentor this.

If I haven't daunted you yet :), the critical part in my opinion is
to find out who is really willing to mentor 3 and what is exactly
to be done...

Pavel