Rob Oakes wrote:
> I apologize for being so quiet in the past few months. I've been
> absolutely swamped with work and family commitments (my wife and I were
> lucky enough to have a son born last August, and it's amazing how
> children change your life).

The question is whether you would be inclined to be the mentor/one of mentors.
While others here know LyX internals, I think there is no experience with
ePUB to make decisions or give directions when questions appear.
Any way thanks for your pointers.

> not sure why we would want to maintain two separate implementations. Our

Don't worry, "we" don't :)

> The last time I checked (which, unfortunately, was a while ago), though,
> there wasn't an easy way to specify break points in a document. This
> would mean some work on the backend and providing a UI mechanism to
> specify breakpoints. Perhaps through a markup tag or through a break
> inset, similar to chapter-break (or both).

Could be done via custom inset or specificexport function for page-break
inset we have.

> 3.) Add image processing options. Many people who use LyX will likely
> want to target multiple output formats (PDF, XHTML, and ePub, for
> example).
>
> Electronic devices do not need the super high resolution images that
> print requires. There should be some way to provide separate resolution
> and processing specs which can be fed to ImageMagick.

Yep I think the same stands for xHTML, I recently encountered this problem.

> 4.) Create a system to package ePub, generate supporting files, and
> package into a zip archive with an epub extension. This could easily be
> done via a Python script.

It seems to be related to the problems relate to validation of the cover
image is not included in the manifest and similar as reported by Ben Hourigan?

Pavel