On 05/03/2013 09:05 AM, Peter Collier wrote:
Hello there

I'm still able to duplicate the bugs 8365, 8292 and 8299. Test file
enclosed. However, I've just noticed that if I delete
\usepackage{tex4ht} from the LaTex preamble the bugs disappear. I'm
not a programmer. I know nothing about Latex. The LaTex preamble sort
of grew organically over the twelve months or so I was writing my
book. I don't now remember why I added \usepackage{tex4ht} to the
preamble. At the time I was struggling to format my book for Kindle.

I believe that we include whatever you put in the preamble when we generate images for math (and for math preview, since it's the same code that does it). This is because you might use some weird construct in math that only gets defined in your preamble. Or maybe you manually pull in some package that is needed. We don't check what you do, since we have no way to do that. You want to put something illegal that causes a syntax error? Go for it!!

As a result, the basic rule here is: You're on your own with what you put in the preamble. I don't mean to sound dismissive or anything like that, but there is not much we can do about problems caused by random packages people decide to insert. We have no control over this.

Perhaps more helpfully, this sounds like it must be a bug in tex4ht. One thing you could do, if you wanted to investigate it, is to look, /after/ you export, at the TeX files that were used to generate the images. You will find these in LyX's temporary directory.

Richard