Am 13.05.2013 um 11:20 schrieb Benjamin Piwowarski
<benjamin.piwowar...@lip6.fr>:

> On May 13, 2013, at 10:35 , Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Am 13.05.2013 um 09:08 schrieb Benjamin Piwowarski
>> <benjamin.piwowar...@lip6.fr>:

>>> A working bundle would be the full LyX application (i.e. the LyX.app folder
>>> currently constructed correctly only by auto-tools).
>>
>> This would be a regression for the user.  She has to download and install Qt
>> frameworks
>> herself and the remaining spell checker would be the "Native" one.
>> Currently the Qt and
>> spell checker frameworks are added to the bundle as private frameworks. The
>> resulting
>> bundle I'd call the "full LyX application".
> They are (or at least were) included in the bundle with cmake builds, so I
> guess this is OK.

I see it now. There are missing pieces:
 * Qt frameworks: Qt depends dynamically on QtSvg, QtXml, QtNetwork
 * Qt plugins: libqgif.dylib, libqsvg.dylib, libqico.dylib, libqjpeg.dylib,
libqtga.dylib, libqmng.dylib, libqtiff.dylib
 * Qt translations
 * Spotlight library

> What was remaining was to include all the other resources (I did not check
> that all files included by the shell script were included in the LyX.app
> bundle constructed via cmake)

The target "make install" produces a (nearly) valid LyX.app. (Without the
missing pieces mentioned above.)

BTW, I see tons of messages like this for "make install":
src/CMakeFiles/LyX.dir/build.make:120: warning: overriding commands for target
`bin/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/bind/menus.bind'
src/CMakeFiles/LyX.dir/build.make:104: warning: ignoring old commands for
target `bin/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/bind/menus.bind'

The result of "make package" is not usable, IMHO.
E.g. the copied LyX.app has no Frameworks folder.

>> As I said already, this is done by a shell script and not by the auto-tools
>> make install.
> OK - I did not get this point. With CMake this shell script would not be
> necessary.
>

>> When make install from CMake produces an useful result like the auto-tools
>> make install
>> we have a good starting point.  Then one can change the mentioned shell
>> script or add its
>> functionality to the CMake package build.
>>
>>> I don't have a strong preference towards any build system, but the only
>>> point is that having to take care of updating both each time is cumbersome
>>> and error-prone. So that's why I am ready to work on it - but only if cmake
>>> is chosen as the only build system (otherwise, it does not make sense to
>>> put so much effort in maintaining both working build systems).
>>
>> Yes, and I have to admit I never had a problem with multiple build systems.
>> Surely because auto-tools and CMake both are working fine for me most of the
>> time.
> OK, then maybe this is not worth investing time in it.

Let's wait what others say.

Stephan