Am 26.05.2013 05:22, schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

Yes, me. I have written all the Wiki pages about language support.
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Farsi
(there the Ubuntu section apparently wrong but I cannot correct that as I
don't have Ubuntu.)

The Ubuntu section is correct. Or rather, it works for me and it
worked for another user.

You could help me and take your existing solution and try to change bit by bit the settings to get the file that we have in master. It cannot be that one needs to set the document language to Arabic while this is a Farsi document! The splash file was once created by an Iranian who also helped me to implement Arabic support in LyX. In fact we had proper support for Farsi before we achieved the same for Arabic.

thanks and regards
Uwe