Op 26-5-2013 4:47, Scott Kostyshak schreef:
It would be nice to have doc/fa/splash.lyx export correctly as it
could be used as a template for someone wanting to write in Farsi.

The current splash.lyx file does not compile for me. After reading an
email thread [1] and instructions on the wiki [2], I get the attached
LyX file, which compiles for me.

I don't see such a thing as "doc/fa/splash.lyx".

It doesn't seem correct to me because of the following issues:

I need to add the following to the LaTeX preamble manually. Should LyX
do this for me?
\DeclareTextSymbol{\guillemotright}{LFE}{62}
\DeclareTextSymbol{\guillemotleft}{LFE}{60}

The language is changed from Farsi to Arab(ArabTeX) and the document
class is changed from Article to Arabic Article. Is this right?

Nevertheless, it compiles for me and these are the settings that were
written by a user writing in Farsi.

Can Windows users get the current fa/splash.lyx to
compile (the Wiki page suggests that this should work)? Can
others compile the attached splash.lyx?

I can compile the attached splash.lyx, but the text is Left-To-Right instead of Right-To-Left.

Vincent