When 2.0.0 came out we had a problem on Mac with the user directory path.
All the time it's name was the value of the PACKAGE definition.
Consequently it changed from LyX-1.6 to LyX-2.0 then.

Now we start the 2.1 series and the user directory will change to LyX-2.1.
Because we have prefs2prefs it should be copied somehow from LyX-2.0 to LyX-2.1
initially in case LyX-2.0 (or LyX-1.6) is present.

But I'm not sure if this can be done by the "configure.py" script
or what other way one can go.

It would be good if this can be fixed before the final 2.1 release.

Stephan