Op 27-5-2013 18:05, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schreef:
24/05/2013 15:07, Vincent van Ravesteijn:
By the way, this doesn't always work. The kill-gettext branch, for
instance, has master merged in a few times to fix merge conflicts. Now,
rebasing onto the merge-base does do no good.

Vincent, I want to merge this kill-gettext branch now. Is there something I should do to make it less ugly? I do not understand why it requires such ugly merges in the middle. What about good old hand-made conflict resolution?

Anyway, if you tell me to merge it as it is, it will be fine with me.

JMarc

It's not that ugly. It was required to immediately fix the merge conflicts at the moment they arise.

First, if you would do it at the end, it would be more difficult and you might forget some conflicts. For example, you probably would forget the added 'intl' dependency of check_layout.

Second, other people that would like to try out the feature could not merge it directly in their master because of the merge conflicts. So, we can offer them a branch that can be merged into master.

Anyway, I rebased the branch onto master now. Shall I push it later ?

Vincent