On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:

>>> Martin Vermeer has added the support for AGU* layouts. I will take a look
>>> later but I make no promises here. :-)
>>
>> Dear Martin,
>>
>> Do you have time to take a look at this?
>
> José or Martin,
>
> Is there a natural reason for AGU and docbook to go together? When I
> google for "AGU docbook", I see mostly LyX links. If there is no
> natural link, I propose to move AGU_article.tex to examples. Otherwise
> I think it leads to confusion for newbies just looking for a quick
> start to publishing with AGU. Further, since this document or docbook
> support seems to be broken (can anyone compile it?), I wonder if this
> document should be moved to the attic.

When I try to export AGU_article to a pdf (I appear to have the
dependencies installed), the process stalls. Kornel confirms this. I
propose that we do not include this in the 2.1 release. I don't have a
preference as to how we do not include it. (I'm still not sure what
the use of the 'attic' folders are, but maybe this is a candidate.)

Any thoughts?

Scott