Hi Hashini,

> Yes, this happens because of the early return. But if we remove that we are
> with the problem, that I mentioned above. What I see is, we need to paint
> the too wide rows when we are moving away from them. For example, if we are
> moving from the right most position of a too wide row to another row (using
> arrow keys - left, up, down), the too wide row should be repainted (this is
> not happening in the current implementation and need to scroll back to the
> normal position). Then if we could implement your above point (2/) I think
> this problem will get solved.
> However, in the current implementation, if you move the mouse pointer over
> that row at this particular instance, it scrolls back.
> Anyway, I will try to find a solution instead of this early return.

This might not be relevant, but have you tested with a right-to-left
language? "moving away" might mean the opposite there.

> I have another problem. Is there a unit test framework that can be used by
> the developers of LyX? Please guide me on this. If we can use some of unit
> tests that would be helpful to know, if a previous fix gets corrupted due to
> a newer one.

This would be great. I'm very interested in unit tests for LyX.
Vincent has a personal repo where he set up a unit test framework
based on google tests:
http://git.lyx.org/?p=developers/vfr/lyx.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tests

I'm not sure if he plans to merge (maybe after 2.1 is out?). Vincent,
could Hashini merge your framework in now or would that not be a good
idea?

Scott