On 13/11/13 09:31, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
> If you would have done a 'git fetch', you will retrieve the new
> commits. Then, you want to reset the features/chat2 branch to the new
> one tommasso pushed:
>
> $ git checkout features/chat2
> $ git reset --hard <name_of_remote>/features/chat2

On a machine of a user who never checked out features/chat2 before, the first
command would fail, wouldn't it ?

Don't you need to create first the branch locally, with smth like

  git checkout -b features/chat2

or

  git branch features/chat2

then the reset command ? (that forces the local branch to copy the status of
the remote one)

Btw, Vincent, if you like, please, have a look at features/chat2 and provide
comments. That seems pretty usable now.
One issue I'm aware of is: in case the user creates multiple views (File->New
Window), and starts the chat in multiple windows, I want a per-GuiView instance
of the whole chat machinery. However, as of now, the chat is actually a kind of
single-ton (there's only one instance of QxmppClient for the whole LyX
process). Do I need to modify the GuiView interface to allow for retrieval of
this View-specific chat instance ? I need that because I have two independent
panels (the buddies list on the left and the chat bar on the bottom) that have
to be tied together.... per-view.

Any advise ?

Thx.

        T.