On 18/11/13 08:44, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
> Yes, if Kornel is not very actively involved in refactoring stuff
> etc., it should be well possible for him to reset once in a while, or
> to rebase his local work onto your branch.

So I kept rebasing it a few further times...

> Well, I hope my explanations will help in the learning.

Oh, we'd all be lost and have tons of inconsistent repos w/out u, Vincent :-)!

Btw, in features/chat2 I also fixed the multi-view problem. So, if you pull
(with --reset I guess) now you can see that you can do

  File->New Window

then launch via the menu the LyX chat

  Tools->LyX Chat

in both windows (which are independent GuiView of the same LyX application),
they'll keep by default the same login as the last you used, however you can
change one of them, re-connect, then you can even talk from one LyX window to
the other (going through a XMPP server, I know, a very meaningful scenario :-)
).

Should anyone feel like trying it out, you can start by adding myself
(tcucino...@jabber.org) to your buddy list (you can do this via the "Add"
button from within LyX itself now -- but you cannot register a new jabber.org
account -- or others -- via LyX, I advise to use Pidgin for that).

Thx!

        T.