Hi Georg,

you kindly implemented in LyX 2.1 support for the command \sideset. But in your implementation your force sub- and superscripts. This leads to undesired output.

For me it is as regression that I can no longer use \sideset without sub- and superscripts, see the example file in the bug report created as reference:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8966
You can see in the PDF output that with your forcing the "n" appears to much above the sum sign. But \sideset is used here to place something besides the sum operator _without_ changing the typesetting of the limits.

In general, as \sideset allows to be used without sub-/superscripts so LyX must not forbid this. (If I want a superscript I can add one.)

Can you therefore please remove the forced sub-/superscripts from \sideset?

thanks and regards
Uwe