On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Wilfried <wh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Wilfried wrote:
>
>> Georg Baum wrote:
>>
>> > stefano franchi wrote:
>> >

>> AOO and LO help contain a comprehensive list of the formula sytax:
>> in Help - Formulas - General Information - Math Features
>> there is a hyperlink pointing to the reference list.
>> Examples:
>> a over b
>> sum from{0} to{n} x_{i}
>> int from{0} to{ infinity } x^{2}
>
> There are two more converters available:
> The OO to LaTeX converter
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/writer2latex
> (only export from OO, not import)
> and an extension allowing writing equations in TeX syntax:
> http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/texmaths-1

Thanks Wilfried. It seems like the in-built editor is the way to go. I
gave texmaths a quick go, and I cannot get it to work (I get an error
in the macro). At any rate, their approach seems to be LibreOffice
only. COnversion to word would be even more difficult if the LaTex
text is embedded in the image.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

S.

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies         Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org